- Painstakingly replicated iconic prop replica of the magical Ruby Slippers from the revolutionary 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, featuring Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale.
- First time offered as a licensed replica!
- Hand-finished and hand-assembled size 5 dance shoes with red sequins and gem-encrusted bows.
- Intricately detailed, replicated features from prop reference provided by Warner Bros. Studios, the Smithsonian and private parties.
- Limited to 1,500 pieces worldwide with Certificate of Authenticity.
- Intended sole-ly for display (see what we did there, eh?) -- not to be worn.
- Free shipping within the U.S.A.!
Easily one of the most iconic movie props in existence, The Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz have captured the attention of moviegoers for generations.
The Silver Shoes (or silver slippers) as they were originally described were Dorothy's magical ticket home in L. Frank Baum's 1900 novel, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
In 1939 MGM released The Wizard of Oz in Technicolor. A revolutionary 3-strip color process in which a specially modified motion picture camera would record the same scene through colored filters on three different strips of film. These strips were then processed separately and used to print colors onto each finished print of the film that was sent to theaters.
Scenery and costume designers were encouraged to utilize as much color as possible in production to truly take advantage of this new technique. This is of course how the silver shoes became the beloved, Ruby Slippers. The vibrant slippers were so saturated with color it's hard to imagine them any other way. Dorothy's size 5 dance shoes were adorned with thousands of red sequins and gem encrusted bows. Orange felt was also added to the soles of the shoes in an effort to dampen the sound they made as Dorothy skipped along the yellow brick road.
Paragon FX Group is proud to have partnered with Warner Bros to bring you this museum-quality replica of The Ruby Slippers. Using the latest reference from the Smithsonian and exhaustive private study, Paragon has painstakingly produced what we believe to be the most accurate replica pair of Ruby Slippers to date. Every sequin, every gem; yes, even the orange felt on the soles was lovingly obsessed over and personally approved by our team of prop makers and engineers.
Paragon is staffed with fellow collectors, artists, engineers, and prop makers. We didn't take it lightly when we set out to recreate exactly what you see on film. We think you'll be as proud to own these as we are to have made them.
Limited edition run of just 1500 pair worldwide. (Intended for display only; not to be worn.)